The Maine Homebrewers Competition judging has come to an end, 41 beers were entered into this year competition, the first round of judging narrowed the field to 10 finalists.
This years finalists:
- Jerry Robichaud – Hilda’s Wheat Beer
- Jerry Robichaud – Bangor Dunkel
- Marlon Arce – Cucumber Pils
- Dave Rocker – “Session IPA”
- Jason Fitzgerald – If 6 Was 9 IPA
- Jeremiah Berger – “American IPA”
- Travis Guy – T-ESB
- Travis Guy – Estrus Ale (American Brown Ale)
- Chris Chase – Adieu Saison
- Jim Rausch – Waldo Lake American Amber
The winner has been chosen but will not be announced until Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7pm at the Geaghan Brothers Brewing Company tasting room in Brewer. There will be prizes awarded for runners up, beer samples available for purchase, and food will be available as well. This is a great opportunity to mix and mingle with local homebrewers and chat about their hobby.
The winner of this year’s competition will get to brew their winning entry with Geaghan Brothers Brewing Company and of course have serious bragging rights.
Past winners include Nate Engelberth (2011) with a Rye IPA, Zafra Whitcomb (2012) with a Sorachi Ace Pilsner and Dave Rocker (2013) with a Chocolate Milk Stout.